Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving Patent groups in our London office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidate will assist in protecting inventions across a wide variety of technologies such as: automotive safety and control, sporting equipment, oilfield technology, medical devices, construction equipment and optical devices.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidates to become fully-qualified UK and European patent attorneys.
- A 2:1 degree or above in areas such as physics or engineering is required but other degrees in related subjects will also be considered.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You should possess a good understanding of mechanical inventions.
Start date: Autumn 2018
- Very competitive salary.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Flexible working – core hours.
- 35 hour week.
- 28 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing up to one day for every completed holiday year and up to 31 days.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Health Cash plan
- Childcare vouchers.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.
Applications should include a C.V. and covering letter and must be received by 25th July 2018.
To apply, please send your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm that you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.