Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving Patent department in our Munich office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidate will assist in protecting inventions in a wide range of fields, including chemistry (industrial, pharmaceutical and foods) and mechanics.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses, which are fully funded by the firm. The aim is for the candidate to become a fully-qualified UK and European patent attorney.
- A 2:1 degree or above in chemistry or similar is required.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of German would be an advantage, although not a mandatory requirement. Our Munich office operates in English.
- Very competitive salary.
- A beautifully designed brand new office near S-Bahn station and a friendly working environment.
- Flexible working – core hours.
- 22 days increasing up to 25 days of annual leave in addition to German bank holidays, as well as an additional 2 days of holiday during the Christmas period
- Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
- 5 hour week.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Eye care vouchers