Is your degree in Electronics?
Are you looking for a career with a difference?
Have you considered a profession as a Patent Attorney?
HGF is one of the fastest growing, full-service intellectual property firms in the UK. We are currently inviting applications from graduates seeking to commence training in 2017 with a view to qualifying as a Chartered Patent Attorney within our prestigious Electronics Group.
We have opportunities within our Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and London offices to work in a team of qualified Electronics Patent Attorneys. This is an intellectually demanding, rigorous profession where the work is fascinating, the profession highly regarded and the legal qualifications lengthy and tough. HGF provides fully supported training leading to Chartered Patent Attorney qualifications.
The Patent Attorney Role
Patent Attorneys provide technical solutions and write complex patent documents which legally protect their client’s highly valuable inventions; this requires an in-depth understanding of their technical specialism, and an equally deep knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which vary according to the country of registration.
Competitive salary, increasing significantly with qualification, plus bonus and excellent benefits, including pension, 25 days holiday and holiday purchase scheme.
The people HGF is seeking will:
- Have at least a 2:1 in an electronics, physics, telecommunications, computer science or electronic engineering discipline;
- Have A level maths and physics;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Be socially confident and flexible in attitude and approach
- Be able to operate in an intellectually demanding and often pressured environment;
- Be a team player.