The successful candidates will join Forresters’ thriving Patent groups and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidates will assist in protecting patent applications and mechanical inventions, covering a wide variety of technologies such as: power supplies, low energy lighting, hydroelectric turbines, computer software, data security, high performance data storage, semiconductor design, encryption and artificial intelligence.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidates to become fully-qualified UK and European patent attorneys.
- A 2:1 degree or above in areas such as mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering is required but other degree in engineering or science will also be considered.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You should possess a simple understanding of mechanical inventions that do not necessarily involve electronics or software.
- Very competitive salary.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Flexible working – core hours.
- Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
- 35 hour week.
- 22 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing up to 25 with length of service.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Health Cash plan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.
Applications should include a C.V and a covering letter.
Please state in your letter if you have a right to live and work in the UK.Apply now for this role