A.A. Thornton & Co. is a thriving and progressive firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys with offices in Central London. Our patent practice has been identified as one of the best in London, in Legal 500 ranking for the past 3 years. We pride ourselves on our high standards of professional service and our focus on each client’s particular business needs. We have very positive working relationships throughout the firm with a supportive learning environment.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a qualified CPA and EPA patent attorney to join our busy Electrical Patent department within a team of talented professionals.
To be right for this role, you will have a background working autonomously with a range of electrical and electronic technologies, preferably including an understanding of computer-related technologies, electronics, electrical engineering and/or telecommunications. The role will include patent drafting and prosecution for a diverse set of clients, as well as patent oppositions and freedom-to-operate reviews and other patent-related advice and counsel. Candidates from both industry and private practice are invited to apply.
Successful candidates will:
- be a qualified CPA and/or EPA with at least one year post-qualification experience (i.e. we are flexible on the number of years PQE if candidates have the right skills)
- be capable of managing their own diverse case load, and developing strong client relationships
- demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse range of relevant technologies
- be able to support both the commercial and strategic business needs of our clients
- demonstrate strong organisational and interpersonal skills, with both an attention to detail and the ability to express themselves in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing
- contribute effectively as part of a team
- demonstrate an ability to provide excellent client service
- demonstrate a keen interest in business development, to support the development of our electrical patent practice at an exciting time in the development of the firm
What will you find at A.A. Thornton & Co?
We have an enviable client list and very strong client relationships, highly acclaimed and experienced attorneys, and an excellent working environment in our offices at 10 Old Bailey in central London. We are committed to recruiting the very best talent and providing training to nurture that talent. At A.A. Thornton & Co. it is our people that make the difference.Apply now for this role