Boult Wade Tennant is currently recruiting for a part-qualified patent attorney in our Reading office, which is home to the majority of our High Tech and Electrical Group, including seven partners, seven attorneys and four trainees at present. We are looking for either a graduate/post-graduate in a high-tech discipline, or a part-qualified patent attorney. The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who is keen to join the team and help us to retain our award winning reputation at the forefront of IP. We envisage a start date around August/September 2018, but this can be flexible.
A patent attorney at Boult Wade Tennant advises on, secures and enforces intellectual property rights for a wide spectrum of individuals, companies and government bodies across the globe. Often dealing with issues that have not reached the public domain, this is a challenging but exciting and rewarding occupation. It is suited to individuals that are meticulous and logical but who are also articulate and enjoy advocacy.
What we offer:
- A position at a world renowned intellectual property firm
- A traineeship in the largest High Tech and Electrical Group in the UK
- A structured training programme comprising practical experience, seminars, tutorials and courses
- Funding and support with professional qualifications
- A competitive salary
- A minimum of 340 UCAS points (AAB) at A Level.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in physics, telecommunications, computer science, mathematics, engineering or a related discipline. Please note those studying for or those that have already achieved a postgraduate qualification in these disciplines will be viewed favourably
- Excellent communication skills and commercial acumen.