Carpmaels & Ransford is one of the leading firms of patent & trade mark attorneys, based in London, with a global reputation for the best patent work in engineering, IT, chemistry, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. Being a leader in our field is not an accident, it’s the product of expertise, experience and recruitment of the best individuals from the world’s top universities.
We are offering training jobs to qualify as a UK and European patent attorney within our prestigious Chemistry and Life Sciences practice groups. The groups support some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, chemical/consumer companies and research institutions to protect innovation in exciting, cutting edge technologies.
The firm is continually growing as a result of an increasing demand for our services. There are therefore excellent opportunities for a challenging and intellectually stimulating career using your technical background and experience.
We can offer excellent career prospects for high calibre graduates. You need to have a good first degree or PhD in a relevant technical discipline such as Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Pharmacology (see below for further guidance). In addition to an enthusiasm for science and technology, you will also require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Who should apply?
We typically employ up to ten new entrants to the profession each year across our Chemistry, Engineering & Tech and Life Sciences practice groups.
What you need to have
- Minimum 360 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2.1 (STEM) degree
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse and conceptualise complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of commerciality: having an innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- Keen eye for detail
What we will give you
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond
- A wide variety of work for a broad range of clients
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm
- Central London location
We are also offering places on our Autumn Open Day. Our open days give students an insight into the daily life of a patent attorney. They include interactive workshops to demonstrate patent drafting & prosecution and allow plenty of opportunities to ask questions to our trainees, qualified attorneys and partners.
For further information regarding Carpmaels & Ransford and our open days please visit our website.
How to apply
Applications for positions starting in September 2019 will be considered between July and 2 November 2018.
Interviews are primarily held during December and January.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment consultants unless specifically requested.