If you are a graduate (or due to graduate in 2019) possessing a minimum 2:1 (1sts preferred) in either electronics / electrical engineering or physics then we want to hear from you.
Becoming a patent attorney involves continuing intellectual change meaning you never stop learning, excellent career opportunities coupled with financial rewards and the international aspects of work giving ample opportunities for travel. Your area of responsibility will be to assist in securing appropriate and effective protection for our clients’ intellectual property. As a patent attorney you will be called upon to advise clients on all aspects of patent procedures, on international patent protection and on effective patent strategies.
At HL our trainees are mentored by an experienced Partner and receive unparalleled training through the HL Academy. We invest in your growth and maintain flat hierarchies within the firm which offer great conditions for your continuing personal development. You will work closely with a varied portfolio of clients for a well-respected, quality driven Firm. Above all HL offer a supportive and friendly environment conducive to your growth.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD PATENT ATTORNEY?
* A strong Electronics background to at least 2:1.
* An interest in and enthusiasm for science and technology.
* Good communication skills that can be adapted for clients from a wide variety of educational and commercial backgrounds.
* The ability to make confident judgement calls based on information provided
* A good eye for detail and accuracy.
WHAT MAKES THIS AN INTERESTING CAREER?
* The opportunity to apply your science degree to a wide cross-section of clients and technologies.
* Continuing intellectual challenge – you never stop learning.
* Excellent career opportunities and financial rewards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Starting salaries for all graduate trainee positions will be circa £30k plus benefits (and the pay scale rises rapidly and can reach circa £60k on qualifying). In addition, we will provide you with a structured programme of training and support to help you pass the qualifying examinations.
Electronics and Communication (ref ELEC-LO/2019)