UDL Intellectual Property is a leading, UK-based firm of patent and trade mark attorneys. We are seeking a suitable candidate for this brand new managerial role in our HUB team. HUB is responsible for all the crucial functions that keep our Firm running smoothly, including Accounts, HR, IT, Marketing and Formalities. You will be working as part of this team and will report directly to the Managing Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking employer and are always looking at ways our team can add value to our internal stakeholders, as well as our external clients. This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to get involved in shaping the future direction of the Firm.
Our current IP Management System is Inprotech, so extensive knowledge of this system is an absolute requirement. Our HUB team is based in Leeds, however we are willing to consider any of our five office locations for the right candidate, so communication and remote collaboration will be key. The Head of IT will support you in understanding our current system set-up and whilst the role is generally autonomous, you will be expected to work as part of the HUB team when considering and implementing future projects. You will provide verbal and written reports at Board meetings as and when required. Attention to detail, strong communication and organisation skills are therefore essential.
You should be a self-starter, willing to get involved and want to learn and develop new skills. You will be commercially aware, with a solid and demonstrable understanding of patent/trade mark procedures and systems. You are expected to offer input into medium- and long-term strategies for moving the Firm forward.
We encourage a good work/life balance at UDL and while we do not expect long hours, a flexible approach is essential when dealing with project roll-out and implementation deadlines. We offer a relaxed working atmosphere with excellent facilities in each of our office locations, all of which are near mainline train stations. You will be required to travel to other offices as and when the role requires it.
This is a new role which the Firm considers to be of crucial importance for its continued success. You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of Inprotech and associated systems. Of paramount importance is the ability to upgrade case rules promptly to meet the needs of the Firm and its clients. It is expected that you will influence the Firm’s strategy in relation to Inprotech and contribute to potential future enhancements.
The successful candidate will need a significant track record in the specific tasks outlined below and must be technically adept with client server, web and WebApps including build management and promotion of rules across multiple environments. Experience of SQL server and reporting services is a must, as well as an understanding of system administration and architecture. A track record working within the IP sector is essential along with a familiarity with IP legislation, in so far as it impacts on the use of Inprotech.
You will work alongside existing staff and external consultants to undertake key projects, on a prioritised basis, whilst providing the Firm with a contribution to the medium and long-term succession plan. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Learn how the UDL implementation of Inprotech works and document it from end-to-end
- Deal with the day-to-day case queries from staff and respond to those queries independently or (where necessary) with the assistance of the external consultant
- Implement, test and deliver system upgrades, new interfaces and non-renewal and renewals law updates Review and upgrade existing data integrity reports
- Develop and maintain back end functions such as the document generator, policing server and letter templates
- Deliver and develop top level projects and improvements
- Have a good understanding of VBA, SQL server and SQL reporting services
The Firm has a number of desirable projects to which the successful candidate would be expected to contribute. These include:
- Improve and develop Inprotech procedures and policies
- Implement the time and billing module and integration with Sage 1000
- Overhaul the standard client correspondence letters across the Firm
- Develop and implement improvements in system integrity checks
- Develop, implement and maintain event-based and workflow billing, client access systems, Fee Earner\Manager dashboards and business\work analysis services
- Consider and evaluate long term business projects along with other departments such as document management and practice management solutions
You will have a user-facing role and will be required to meet with, liaise and understand the needs of the users by:
- Developing and implementing a best practice policy for Inprotech users
- Developing, delivering and maintaining user training and related documentation
- Gathering feedback from users and implementing necessary changes
- Attending Inprotech user groups and attending/reporting at Board meetings
- Working closely with the current IT team and assist with other IT projects, where relevant
In addition to these duties, the jobholder will be required to perform other tasks from time to time, in accordance with the level of training, skills and abilities of the job holder to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the office. Training will be provided to the job holder so that they can develop an understanding of the aims and objectives of the business.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply